The Utah Citizens’ Counsel (UCC) is an independent, non-partisan group of senior community advocates dedicated to improving public policy on complex issues through dialogue, creative problem solving, and consensus building.
The specific goals of the UCC are:
1. Develop and recommend policy changes to state, county and city governments
2. Educate the public on controversial contemporary issues
3. Model effective deliberation, dialogue, and peace making
4. Engage various audiences in the further discussion and resolution of pressing social, economic, and political issues
5. Demonstrate to other communities and states what is possible through an alternative model of deliberation, debate and problem solving