Kim R. Burningham–a native of Bountiful, Utah—is an educator, author, and public official:
- Teaching in the public schools for 27 years
- Writing numerous plays, articles, and essays
- Serving as a member of the Utah State Legislature for 15 years, and as a member of the State Board of Education for 16 years
- Presiding over the National Association of State Boards of Education in 2005
- Receiving numerous awards for his education, ethics, and humanitarian service
Burningham is married to Susan Clarke Burningham. They have two children and 8 grandchildren.